Sunday, October 19, 2014

Adventures and Homeschooling

Hello friends!!

Yes, I'm still the world's worst blogger!!  Somehow, I don't think I can change that.  It's been over a year since I've posted an update.  In consequence, there are rather a lot of pictures in this one.



Our girls are growing and are the joy of our lives.  I always have loved having a sister (that's me with my sister, Pam, on the right) and I'm so happy my
girls are enjoying playing together (sometimes bickering too, of course) and that they have each other.  We are truly blessed!!


In March, Grandma and Grandad came for a visit.








It was over too fast but...








... we all went to Scotland, during the Summer, and had a fantastic time with family and friends "across the pond".







My parents and sister took us to lots of different places.  It was quite an adventure for the girls.  Lots of beautiful countryside and city shopping.  This pillar box (mail box) was in the transport museum.  The girls are pretty cute there. :)





Unfortunately, this isn't The Doctor's Police Box and not bigger on the inside.  It's been standing there since, probably the 1950s. :)  I've seen this box decorated in many different ways and used for different things over the years.  At one time, it was polka dots on the outside and if you looked inside, there was a weird modern art thing standing inside.  Just now, it's storing tables and chairs, if I remember right.









Lydia was too shy to be in this picture but I thought it would be nice to get a picture of Emily with some police officers at a gala day.











Here we are, with our nephew, on a ferry.














The girls especially loved playing with their cousins.  It's a pity they can't be together more often.  It was a great trip!!









Last year, I began officially homeschooling Lydia at Preschool level, which was a nice way to ease into it, just working on it 2 or 3 days a week.  The year before, we did do a little, now and then.  Now she's following Kindergarten curriculum (mostly Abeka) and I'm teaching her 5 days a week.  We are really enjoying it and I LOVE watching the light-bulb go on as she learns things.  She's a good student and doing very well.  We mostly do schooling when Emily naps but sometimes she joins in with art or Bible lessons.

Lydia has a big imagination and loves playing with small stuffed animals, especially puppies.  She's rather mischievous and loves to tease.  Right now, she likes making up jokes.  The punchlines don't make a lot of sense but they still make us laugh as they're so ridiculous.  She also likes making silly faces.  Sometimes it's hard to get a picture of her natural smile.




The picture on the right was after one of Lydia's silly face moments.  I was pointing out the Man in the Moon so Lydia made a "Man on the Moon" face.  Emily then did it too so Mike and I joined in. :)

I intend to start teaching Emily next year, sporadically, as I did with Lydia when she was 3 1/2.  Emily's already picked up a lot though.  She's quite a clever-clogs!!  She was counting to 20 before she was 2.  However, book work might be better put off for a while as she doesn't like to stay still.  She has lots of energy and always seems to be climbing something.  She's been that way since she could walk around furniture and I've had my heart in my mouth many times.  She's full of adventure, fun and affection and she loves to sing.  She sings the "Frozen" songs every day and dances around, as she does.  She also likes singing "Jesus Loves Me" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider".

Hopefully I can update before another whole year (plus) goes by. :)  Thanks for reading!  God bless!





No comments:

Post a Comment