Hi friends!
As my title says, I'm a terrible blogger. Well, I thought I'd come on and update what's going on anyway...
Last time I wrote was in September. For most of 2011, we were house-hunting. We finally found a 3-bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom house with a basement and a 1 1/2-sized garage. It needed a bit of work on it so, between getting the keys in December, and moving in at the beginning of February, I cleaned and painted (with the help of a big group of our AMAZING church youth) and Mike tore out the ground-floor bathroom and fixed plumbing problems and some other things. We had lots of help from our friends, tearing out bad walls, repairing holes in walls etc. It looks sooo much better inside now. :) We are sooo happy with all the extra space we have. The Lord has blessed us!
In May, we were blessed again. We didn't have our old house ready to rent yet so hadn't advertised. We were approached by some friends, who were looking for a place to rent and there we were. Sooo, back to painting at the wee hours at night to get it ready asap for our new tenants.
They'd no sooner moved in when our cup of blessings overflowed!! We were asked if we wanted to adopt a little 6 1/2 month old girl, who needed a new home and family!!! Wow!!! Of course we do!!! We went to meet her that weekend and on Thursday, I picked her up. In July, we became her official guardians and are currently going through the adoption process. She is a great blessing and just turned 10 months old. Lydia gets on really well with her. They make each other laugh and baby follows Lydia around. Lydia can be a bit bossy sometimes but we're working on that. In case you're wondering, we will announce her name when the adoption's final. Until then, we won't be using it online.
So, there's been a lot of changes here lately and the Lord has been blessing us abundantly with our home and our new addition. I'm so thankful!! Please keep the adoption process in your prayers, that all will go smoothly.
Until next time... whenever that will be! ;) I really should at least aim for once a month.


So happy for you! Congratulations and God bless.
ReplyDelete