Friday, October 5, 2012

Update

Hello, friends!


Well, life has been pretty eventful since my last post.  Our very-soon-to-be-daughter just turned 11 months old and is doing really well.  She finally got brave enough to take a few half steps on occasion until, finally, on the 23rd September, she took 2 steps together. Yay!!  She still didn't attempt it all the time but over the last few days, she's really been making an effort.  We're up to 7 steps.  She'll be running all over the place in no time I'm sure.  She also says a few words.  "Daddy" was her first word, then "Mum-mum" or "Mama".  Recently she's been saying, "Hi!" and, the one that surprised me most, "Lydia".  She says "Lydia" really clearly.  :)  We are sooo happy to have her in our lives.

Lydia's doing great too!!  She's being a great big sister and is really enjoying having someone to play with full-time.  Lydia overcame her fear of the "BIG" potty a few days ago and is now pretty excited about using it.  It seemed kinda crazy, considering what it is she was doing, but I was soooo proud of her and absolutely beaming.  I'm hoping it won't be too long before she'll use a loo outside the home so we can stop putting nappies on her when we go out.



Let me see, what else happened in September?  I won a Fisher-Price House Party, which is where the last 4 of these 5 pictures were taken.  That was lots of fun!!  Fisher-Price sent me 4 free toys (worth $200 together) that we got to KEEP!!  I was to invite friends and their kids around to play with the toys and everyone got coupons and brochures.  It was an opportunity for FP to promote their toys and for us to have a big play-date.  We had 5 mums and 10 kids and we had a great time!  The girls still really enjoy playing with the ballcano and the ballapalooza.

 We seem to be getting somewhere with the adoption process, now that our home study is underway.  We've met our social worker, who asked us lots and lots of questions.  Lovely lady, which I'm so thankful for.  I was absolutely terrified about this part of the proceedings but feel better now.  We had to do some online classes and had a fire inspection today.  There's still some other things to be done.  It's quite a list!!

 We have a lot coming up this month.  Six birthdays (at least) to celebrate, including baby-girl, who I guess won't be technically a baby after that, and our twin nieces'.  We're going to try and get as much as we can done adoption-related this month so it's taken care of.

Well, as October is Pastor Appreciation month now, I'll put a word in for our wonderful pastor, Bro Jeff.  We love him soooo much and are so blessed by his humble, Godly spirit and how the Lord leads him to deliver the Word of God to us through his preaching.  We love his family too, very much!

Hope you enjoyed the blog.  Until next time!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment