Sunday, September 8, 2013

News from New Year to Easter 2013

Hello friends!

I'm way behind in telling you what's been happening.  I logged in and found something I'd written in May and not published.  So for now, I'm making some adjustments in that to tell what happened between New Year and then.

Since writing last, we have had some changes.  In April, the adoption was finalised and so our littlest girl is now officially our daughter, Emily.  We are so blessed to have her.





We love her to bits and Lydia loves being a big sister.  They both get on so well (Well, they have their moments as sisters do) and they love to play together and laugh at each other.  We thank the Lord so much for giving us both these adorable girls.

I know that's not giving you news chronologically but I did want to tell you Emily's name so I could use it in the rest of the blog!  We weren't using her name online until it was official.  :)








Since New Year, let's see... Winter seemed to last forever.  Whenever we thought Spring was finally on its way, we got more snow.  I really don't like being cold but, at least, with the girls, building snowmen is fun and Lydia really enjoyed making snow angels.Lydia and Emily had fun building a snowman and Lydia helped me build a snow-dalek.  By then, Emily was ready for a nap, which was good as she kept pulling her boots off and she'd walk around the snow in her socks, which was pretty upsetting for her.  Her boots ended up going on the snowman, since they'd got full of snow anyway.  Also, this year I found out how to make snow-ice-cream, which tastes pretty good but I had to be careful to take small bites as it's major cold for the teeth.



So, 6 days after the snow-dalek was Easter.  See!  Long winter.  On the Saturday, we had an egg hunt.  The back yard was too mushy from the melted snow but the front wasn't too bad.  I put lots of plastic eggs around the yard for the girls to find.  They all had little sweets inside them.  I don't really hide them, with them being so small.  Lydia knew what to do and Emily caught on pretty quickly.


On Sunday morning, I was pretty excited about the kids Easter baskets.  In Scotland, the kids get lots of large chocolate eggs with sweets inside them.  In America, they do gift baskets.  The large eggs aren't so common although you can get them, some places.  You can get Cadbury's Creme Eggs so that's fantastic!  However, the gift baskets include little toys, as well as the sweets.  Emily loves her dolls and likes to pretend to feed them with her own sippy cup, therefore getting the dolls all wet, so we got her those bottles that look like the liquid inside disappears as you feed the dolls.  Lydia, we got a doctor kit.  There were some other bits and pieces in there for them and sweeties, of course, but they were very happy about those things.  Lydia was "Doctor Lydia" and kept using her doctor tools on us.  Lots of fun!  I love dressing the girls up for Easter Sunday at church.  This year, the planning was a bit crazy because of the weather.  The sandals and with or without socks question went out the window and we had to opt for tights and shoes, with cardigans on top of their nice-weather dresses.  Oh well!  It all worked out.  They wore the dresses again for the court date for the adoption.  I think it was Monday but the time we painted some hard-boiled eggs.  Sunday was just way too jam-packed to do it.

So, I'll need to get on here soon and give you a more up-to-date update.  Haha!  I'm hopeless!! :)

God bless, friends!






2 comments:

  1. Easter was always so fun! Our easter morning pictures are too funny! Some I have missing teeth and others my hair is sticking out all over the place! Such wonderful memories you and Mike are making for your precious girls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thanks, Lindsey! You have more of that to look forward to very soon. ;)

      Delete